With a team of more than 350 physicians in 45 specialties and more than 2,000 employees, we use a multidisciplinary approach to provide comprehensive, individualized patient care.
As the region’s only Joint Commission Comprehensive Stroke and Rehabilitation Center, Fort Sanders Regional offers state-of-the art care that maximizes recovery from stroke. We are the region’s leader in technology in areas such as bariatric surgery, robotic surgery and minimally invasive spine surgery. Our door-to-balloon times for heart attack patients are below the national average, and our hip fracture center offers advanced diagnosis, surgery and recovery procedures for hip patients.
Fort Sanders Regional is also home to the Patricia Neal Rehabilitation Center, which is nationally recognized for both inpatient and outpatient treatment of stroke, brain injury, spinal cord injury, and orthopedics.
Fort Sanders Regional’s most recent expansion includes additional parking for visitors and employees, a relocated helipad, and new and expanded emergency and critical care departments to combine critical services in our Center for Advanced Medicine, helping to ensure our most critical patients get the care they need quickly.
About the Facility
- 541 licensed beds
- 45 emergency room beds and a radiology suite within the department
- 72 critical care beds (including Cardiovascular ICU, Medical-Surgical ICU and Neuro-ICU, most with tele-ICU capability)
- 16 surgery suites
- 5 cath labs, part of our award-winning Heart Center
- Triage rooms, antepartum suites, labor and delivery suites and mother/baby rooms to help moms welcome the newest members of their families
- Home to Patricia Neal Rehabilitation Center, East Tennessee’s premier rehabilitation hospital
Awards and Recognition
Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center is consistently at the top of our field in a variety of services including stroke, cardiac, surgical and maternity care. See our list of accolades and accomplishments.