Covenant Health, the largest health system in East Tennessee, is looking for a neurohospitalist to join the region’s leading Comprehensive Stroke Center located in Knoxville, Tennessee. Join our excellent team of physicians who oversee our program headquartered on the campus of our flagship hospital, Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center.
About this Opportunity
- 100% inpatient opportunity
- 7 days on / 7 days off schedule- two physicians staffed at a time each week
- Currently three physicians in the group- looking to add a fourth to meet our growing demand
- 1 in 3 “home call” when on service (5-6 nights/month total)
- Opportunity to assist with Telemedicine opportunities throughout the system
- Expert medical support staff resources available including epilepsy, neuromuscular, neurocritical care, neurosurgery, neuro-interventional radiology and outpatient neurology
Compensation and Benefits
- Employed opportunity with Covenant Medical Group
- Competitive salary plus productivity bonus opportunity
- Excellent benefits package including full medical, 401k, CME and vacation time
About Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center
This physician will practice at Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center, recognized by The Joint Commission, the American Heart Association, and the American Stroke Association as a Comprehensive Stroke Center. Fort Sanders Regional is also home to the world-renowned Patricia Neal Rehabilitation Center, a 73-bed inpatient unit focusing on the rehabilitation of stroke, brain and spinal cord injury, and orthopaedic patients. Our physicians are supported by:
- 24/7 stroke team
- 24/7 neuro imaging
- Dedicated neuro ICU
- Dedicated department of stroke research
About Covenant Health
Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center is a member of Covenant Health, the region’s top performing healthcare network with nine acute-care hospitals, outpatient and specialty services, and Covenant Medical Group, our area’s fastest-growing physician practice division. Headquartered in Knoxville, Covenant Health is a community-owned, not-for-profit healthcare system and the area’s largest employer. Our more than 10,000 employees, volunteers, and 1,500 affiliated physicians are dedicated to improving the quality of life for the more than one million patients and families we serve every year. Covenant Health is the only healthcare system in East Tennessee to be named three years in a row by Forbes as One of America’s Best Employers.
About Knoxville, Tennessee
Located on the Tennessee River with the Great Smoky Mountains as a backdrop, Knoxville is an incredible combination of big city excitement and small town southern charm. Home to the University of Tennessee and a vibrant downtown area with revitalized neighborhoods, Knoxville is a regional hub for nightlife and entertainment, especially in its Old City. Knoxville is also an excellent choice for families, with outstanding public schools and private K-12 schools. Our cost of living is 15% below the national average and Tennessee does not have a state income tax. Learn more about Knoxville, Tennessee and why you should call it your next home.